The choice of accounting software, in some instances, depends on the business owners' requirements.
1. Basic Accounting Software: This is basically, a tool with limited functionality. It is often used to generate an income and expense statement of the business.
2. Advanced Accounting Software: This is a tool developed to produce a balance sheet depicting debit and credit values, bank balance, and assets of the business.
3. Cloud-based Accounting Software: These comprehensively designed systems analyze and generate various types of reports. The reports help in understanding the performance, productivity, and profitability of the business. You can easily get the best accounting it support services online.
Image Source: Google
Benefits of Online Accounting Software
The online accounting software assists the owners in avoiding the mistakes that often creep into the manual processing of financial data. These tools allow the owners to confront and measure the reality of their business.
They can then, plan and execute the remedial measures in a timely manner. The software assists them in the following tasks.
1. Generation of financial statements like cash flow, balance sheet, and profit and loss accounts.
2. Maintenance of general, sales, and purchase journals.
3. Generation of quotations, sales invoices, purchase receipts, and credit and debit notes.
4. Data entry of the purchase orders, purchase returns, sales returns, and in issuing of notes for the spoilt or missing items.
5. Assigning multiple price lists to the chosen customers and suppliers.
6. Generating reports like the opening balance, ledger listing, bank book, bank details, and bank reconciliation statement.
7. Understanding the trial balance, balance sheet, statement of account, closing stock analysis, due date, and aging analysis.